Etrade Launches Cryptocurrency Trading
Etrade Financial Group, a brokerage firm, plans to provide customers with the opportunity to trade cryptocurrency on its platform.
According to Bloomberg’s publication, by referring to a source familiar with the situation, the company will first offer to trade Bitcoin and Ethereum, but later other cryptocurrencies will be added to the platform. Etrade representatives refused of commenting on this information.
Etrade is one of the largest brokerage firms in the market. The Company serves almost 5 million customer accounts. According to a report filed to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), E-Trade earned $9.6 billion last year, and the Company’s total assets exceed $65 billion. Appearing of the Company on the cryptocurrency platform is a sign of acceptance of digital assets in the financial industry.
It should be noted that last year, the Robinhood platform, one of the Etrade competitors, announced providing cryptocurrency trading in five US states, and earlier this year, the Company received BitLicense for providing crypto assets services in New York State. At the same time, Robinhood even overpassed Etrade by the number of trading accounts for a while.
- The Court Fined a Cryptocurrency Bank on Amount of $2.3 Million for the First Time
- Telegram Will Launch a Blockchain Platform and Cryptocurrency in March 2019
- Binance Will Launch Its Own Blockchain to Create Cryptocurrencies
- Cryptocurrencies Will Continue Falling amid the Investigation by the US SEC
- Ethereum Approached XRP. The Distance Between Them Was Reduced to $130 million