InvestorGreg.net is compensated in exchange for featured placement of sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. That's how we make money. This compensation may impact how, where and in what order products appear. InvestorGreg.net does not include all companies or all available products. We will never allow advertisers to influence our opinion of financial products that appear on this site.
November of 2018 became the worst month of the year for ICOs
Investors were disappointed in ICOs. November was the most unsuccessful for projects on the initial token offering this year.
Over the past month, startups managed to attract only $65 million. This figure was on average $1.2 billion for the whole year. $12.2 billion was raised with the help of ICOs during 10 months of the current year. This is evidenced by Diar’s data.
According to analysts, the decline in the industry was due to tight control by financial regulators, especially the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). In addition, the fall of the cryptocurrency market had a negative impact as well.
Experts also suggested that ICOs would no longer attract investors’ attention in the future, and they would be replaced by regulated platforms providing security token offering (STO).
- Dow Jones Index Fell Down by 500 Points. Why Do Investors Sell Shares?
- US Stock Indexes Showed the Worst Year Start for 18 Last Years
- Binance Will Launch Its Own Blockchain to Create Cryptocurrencies
- AMD Shares Became the Best Asset in 2018 Among the 500 Largest Companies
- Telegram Will Launch a Blockchain Platform and Cryptocurrency in March 2019